Posted date : 12.9.2018
We are looking for an experienced Procurement and Contracts Manager to manage procurement, contracts and all commercial aspects of EPC projects and services. Responsibilities include strategist to find cost-effective deals and suppliers, manufacturers, service providers in Myanmar, China or other countries; discover the best ways to effect within budget and on-time delivery, lead a team and manage all contractual and commercial aspects with respect to suppliers/sub-contractors/service providers as well as towards contracts with Customers.
Benefits: meal allowance, travel allowance, mobile allowance, accommodation on sharing basis, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Lead and manage all project procurement, contracting and sourcing activities as required for EPC or Construction projects in Power, Transmission Line, Sub-station or other Infrastructure projects.
- Manage all aspects of procurement/sub-contracting starting from RFP, RFQ, obtaining competitive quotes and proposals, comparing market price benchmark as well as project budget, negotiate and finalize, obtain management approval, create supplier agreements or Purchase Orders and administer for OTP, compliance with commercial terms and conditions and effectiveness.
- Work closely with Project Management Team, work out effective procurement/sub-contracting plan, initiate procurement actions, manage procurement budget and help achieve profitability improvement and track for effective performance.
- Manage contracts with Customers since inception to implementation; administer Project contracts in close co-ordination with Project Managers or Project directors, lead towards Customers for all contractual issues/resolutions; highlight risks, suggest mitigating actions, manage scope/time issues and its adverse impacts.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project Finance Controller for all Cash out/ working capital management, vendor or sub-contractor payouts-claims and approval as per delegation.
- Support Tendering Team with effective price and commercial support in all phases of pre-award contracts.
- Create vendors/suppliers/sub-contractor selection process looking in all commercial logistics and quality aspects.
- Manage all local logistics, transportation, port clearance with the help of logistics team.
- Support create and implement management systems and practices in strict compliance with company procurement policies or guide line; generate MIS and reports related to procurement and submit to relevant stake holders.
- Co-ordinate for internal and external audits and maintains necessary records and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering or project management or similar with PG management degree/diploma preferred.
- 10+ Yrs. experience on contract management, as well as technical procurement for EPC or Construction Projects.
- Possess solid commercial knowledge and skill, high negotiation ability and flair for financial improvement while not compromising on-time performance.
- Ability to lead a team comprising commercial and procurement support, logistics and service providers.
- Previous experience in South Asia or China as project commercial or sales commercial or in procurement will be preferred
- Age: 35 – 38 years preferable.