Posted date : 12.9.2018
- Being well-led and empowering our managers to help translate and deliver the strategy.
- Clarity of responsibility and accountability.
- A strategy for people and their development.
- Being flexible and responsive to the service and the stake holders.
- A culture that encourages people to be their best.
Main responsibilities ;
- To contribute research, analysis and ideas to the development of the HR strategy in order to ensure that organizational development initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with strategic and business goals.
- To design and deliver Organizational Development and change management strategies, processes and interventions to be a high performing organization; to include initiatives which foster a high performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the NORM.
- To support specific performance improvement initiatives, e.g. through the implementation of a new behavioral competency framework and 360 or semi degree feedback process.
- To identify opportunities for performance improvement through, for example, undertaking internal diagnosis, process/system reviews in order to understand barriers and possible solutions; conducting external research into good practice and new ideas.
- To commission and manage additional internal or external resources as and when required in order to ensure cost-effective delivery of agreed Organizational Development initiatives.
- To design and facilitate in-house events (e.g. workshops, away days or any de-freezing activities) as required.
- To develop a better and clear with the Internal Communications to ensure effective communication and consultation processes and to build staff engagement.
Learning & Development
- To develop approach to talent management and succession planning and to coordinate the contributions of key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
- To work with department managers on the design and delivery of appropriate and relevant Personal Development Plans and evaluate agreed internally-delivered interventions.
- To develop coaching, mentoring and secondment schemes to support staff development and the achievement of Personal Development Plans.
- To lead on the development of a staff skills and knowledge database in order to maximize the diverse talents of the organization.
- To be responsible for the company’s job evaluation system, advising on job design, job descriptions and the correct grading of jobs.
- To oversee the annual appraisal process, monitoring compliance with the timetable and working with the Head of HR to ensure consistency of quality in appraisal documentation.
- To develop and manage the corporate induction program.
- To contribute to the development of policies and procedures in collaboration with the Head of HR.
Technical knowledge and experience
- An OD qualification or equivalent professional knowledge gained through the significant experience working as an OD specialist or as an HR generalist.
- Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of theory and good practice in key areas:
- Organization development particularly around change management and developing organizational culture.
- Learning & Development, particularly management development and talent management.
- Track record in delivering successful OD projects and supporting major organizational change; influencing, building and sustaining relationships in order to achieve results.
- Experience of, and commitment to, continuous organizational improvement and the ability to act as a change agent.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong coaching/mentoring skills.
- Effective planning and project management skills with the ability to set and work to (personal, team and Fund) deadlines.
- The ability to engage, conducts diagnosis, analyze findings, generate options and build commitment to solutions.
- Change management skills.
- Event design and facilitation skills.
- Numeracy and ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and results-focus.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Negotiating, influencing and holding to account.
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented.
- Committed to high standards and continuous improvement.
- Ability to move between big picture and detail.